Counting blessings and a brand new adventure !

Hello there,

I have decided to start up a completely new blog, as previously, you weren't able to sign up directly to my posts from my web site.

I will continue to post every Sunday, and Thursday , usually with some work of art, particularly on Thursdays, when I like to share a story behind a particular work.


Are you wondering what the new adventure is?
My husband Wayne is now retired.


As you know, I am fortunate enough to be asked to teach in various places, participate in shows, or present my work in an interesting venue. Now Wayne can join me when these wonderful opportunities take me away , and we can go on the road.


I do consider myself very lucky in that I have had many such opportunities over the years.

"Alee des Arbres" is a painting from Flauvigny, France, in the Burgundy region, and a great example of how I have been blessed. This little town is where one of my favorite movies,  "Chocolat " was filmed.
I did have a wonderful time, and was joined by friends, and made many new ones. However, it would have been nice if Wayne could have gone, as well.

We have had nice trips through his work activities, and have explored a bit around the Southwest.



"Aspen  Dance ", is from Flagstaff, where he has had many functions and meetings. The original inspiration was  during a conference, when I excused myself from a dinner, and ran outside to capture the light hitting this grove before it faded. I had hoped that I didn't seem rude, but this was not to be missed!

So now, Wayne can now accompany me on many of my work trips. I am so very grateful that we have the time, energy, means, and are reasonably fit to do so.

Blessings, indeed.

Or, he can choose to have the house to himself, a luxury he has not had previously.

I would love to hear about your new adventures, particularly if you, or a spouse has retired.
I won't be...as artists simply do not!

Thank you for reading!
Christine

Comments

  1. That's wonderful! 'Tis indeed a blessing! Enjoy those special moments together. The journey has just begun! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you took the time to view, and paint, the birches - you handle that species of tree exceptionally well, each tree is treated individually, no two are alike, and that's what gives the painting depth and more color. Who would expect so much color on birch trees? But, that's what sets you apart - beautiful! Best wishes for many, happy retirement years with Wayne.
    Elaine Fritz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Carol! Love your new blog...so beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Joanne! ...and congratulations to you and the Raven Sisters! Brava! Will have to catch one of your shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Elaine, thank you for your thoughtful comment.

    i loved the birches back East, and now the Aspen out here.
    Yes, We are looking forward to trips, which will be painting travels for me, and fun for Wayne.
    Best to you, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path