The Sunday Post - Simple Pleasures

Last week when I was at the grocery store, I purchased a few bottles of Perrier sparkling water, among other things.
The checker commented how nice it was to just sit and enjoy a glass,in a nice glass  because it felt so elegant...like a special occasion.

 It reminded me that yes, we should take a few minutes and really enjoy the wonderful things in our day. She was a lady after my own heart, because I do believe that to be present, to notice and be thankful for everyday pleasures is so important to our well being.
As an artist, I take so much delight in the visual treasures all around us.in fact. I feel it is my job to celebrate and share those things with others.

I don't always have to paint what catches my eye ( although most of the time I want to!)

Sometimes I just like to sit and watch things...it feeds my soul, and refills the well.
Clouds are great to just sit and watch.
 This is a plein air pastel, and it is from watching that I'm able to paint them. In watching, I notice that even though the shapes change and shift, there are repeated patterns and movement.
We are in our monsoon season now, and it is great to watch ginormous clouds billow and build, in just moments it seems.

This season also leads to storms...which are also great to watch.
"Monsoon Night" came out of watching a storm, and then as the sky above was clearing.
It was painted from memory the next day.

Another everyday pleasure for me are my walks.
This is a small corner that I pass when I take  a certain route. Something about it just calls to me. Although I have painted it a few times, I simply enjoy seeing, hearing the birds, and feeling the sun every time I go by it. 
This afternoon is a day off from painting. I'm going to spend part of it outside, reading, ( another loved pleasure ) watching, and sipping a glass of Perrier!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path