The Sunday Post- Filling the Well

Today's post is about everything BUT my art.


 As a professional,, it is a business for me, and I find I spend so much time in the promotion, marketing, and all of the other necessary aspects, that I get just plain tired of the whole thing.
It even affects my painting///which I love, and it is not a good thing.

So today, I would like to share the things that are so important  to a life...living well.Because if we don't have the every day joys, there is just no inspiration and meaning to the painting.

.I really  like to cook...and enjoy trying new things. This is watermelon salsa, a great summertime treat. Cooking involves every single on of the senses.Sight, smell and taste, of course. But also hearing ( need to know the right sizzle ) and feeling 
( dough needs just the right touch.) 

Growing things are wonders in and of  themselves . 
This  is a type of agave that I had never seen bloom before , and here it is blooming right on my patio!

My walks yield the wonders of nature, also.
This is from a walk with husband, Wayne. He is my biggest supporter and fan, and I am most grateful.
We sure can't take family for granted, and need to enjoy the precious time with special people.

This is son, Eric cooking for us in his kitchen...we are so proud of the beautiful man he has become.

...and here I am with sister Carol on such a fun visit here in Arizona. she is also a good friend...lucky me!
Time with friends is a wonderful gift that you can give to yourself.


I make sure that my surroundings are pleasant...sometimes a simple bouquet in a nice corner can brighten up a whole room. It can be a new pillow, or colorful napkins, or just going ahead and using those special glasses that we save for company. There are many more simple pleasures...reading, sitting out and just watching the clouds or stars...I can go on and on.

All so important to living a good life. Notice that these things don't cost a lot of money?They are often the BEST things, and I do try to make them apart of every day. I'm sure there are things that you may enjoy, and maybe you have even let go of for a while.Why not indulge that love of dancing, or biking, or any number of things that have nothing to do with your art. You may even rediscover a long lost interest.

There is SO much more to my artist's life than the painting..and I do acknowledge that I spend a LOT of time either doing it, thinking about it, agonizing over it, or worrying about it. There are times to just fuggheddabout it! Life is short.

Because if I don't take time to just pull back, and count my blessings there is just no joy in all of the hard work it takes to be in the art biz fully, and that is living artfully. Art and fully. Sometimes I need to remind myself, like today that it is the full life part that needs to come first.


Comments

  1. You have a beautiful family and great support system. Thank them,enjoy them and smell the agave :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wyndham. I sure do count my blessings, and consider myself fortunate.

      Delete
  2. I can so relate to what you wrote Christine. You have described my life. I sometimes wonder how full-time artists have time for anything else that makes life full. I'm sometimes lucky to snatch a few hours once a week between grandma duty, family outings, cleaning, shopping, etc. We moved from Payson, AZ to my home state of Indiana a few years ago to be with family and left a thriving art community back there. A different life now, but a blessed one. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path