The Sunday Post- Same Vista- Different Days; Different times

Very often, I like to refer to the same spot as inspiration, at different times of the day, or even a very similar time of day, and it is a wonderful experience to notice the subtle differences..


" 5:45 Dry Creek Road
Here is the first piece I did, in which some of the green shrubs on the ledge are still catching the late afternoon sun. 

6:45 Dry Creek Road
This is several  few days later; same spot, and a bit later in the day . The shadows have definitely moved.

"Sedona Shadows"
This was a demonstration work that I did at the Plein Air Convention;based on the two pieces, and a photo. It is a bit more finished , with more definition in the rocks and specific shrubs. My own favorite of the three is the second piece, as I like the purple palette used .
which one is yours?

The first two pieces are now at the Sedona Arts Center, Sedona. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path