The Sunday Post-Saturday in the Park

Yesterday I took time off from the computer and studio painting, and cleaning...

I took my pastels down to our lovely little park in Clarkdale.
I knew that I didn't even want to spend time and frustration in even thinking about the perfect place to paint, and drive around looking for one.. ( There isn't one, by the way! )

This was simply to get out, enjoy, and immerse my self in a very pleasant spot.
Here is the result.
" Saturday in the Park", pastel, 8x11

The sun was shining, but under the shade of a large tree, it was cool and pleasant in the 90 degree weather. Many people came, and walked their dogs, or watched their kids play on the swings and slide. the park has an old fashioned bandstand, which is where summer concerts are held, and very well attended. I'll bet that the planners of this space. way back almost 100 years ago would be quite pleased to know that it is still in use today as a music venue!

Many towns across the country have places like this. I am told that it is unusual out here in the West...even more unusual to have it used in its' original capacity.

I hope that you enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path