The sunday Post- Painting in a Festival

All this coming week, I'll be participating in the Sedona Plein Air Festival.


It is an opportunity to see old friends,  meet new people, both artists and collectors, and to produce a body of work from having painted all week long.
Of course, it is always great to have some of the work to go to nice homes in the process, and to gain new collectors.


Is the link , if you're in the area for all of the events. Many are free and open to the public.

I really do enjoy all of that aspect. however, I find that the process of producing a concentrated body of work really helps to bump up the work. Making a consistent effort to get out there every day has a way of pulling something out that doesn't always happen when I go out every few days, or less frequently. It may be the focus and concentration.

This week may be foggy, cloudy and rainy...not at all like our usual Arizona weather. Fortunately, for me, I have had many days of painting under similar  conditions , back in NY state.

 "January Rain" is a desert rainy piece. 
It will be so interesting to see just what pieces come out of this!
So, I'll have to make sure I bundle up, and have cover this week...pastel does not like to get wet!

 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path