The Sunday Post.-Getting Back After A Painting Break.

Over the paste several weeks, I have NOT been painting!
This is after having done a couple of workshops, the Sedona Plein Air Festival, a private student, some plein air excursions,  and hosting an open studios tour at my workspace.
Needless to say I was feeling a little burned out, and I took some time to catch up on home projects, my exercise routines, a lot of reading, course work ( I am taking an on line business course) , and other things that I had turned my attention away from.

Yesterday I set up a still life, and completed the painting today, from life. It is what I like to do after a painting break, to get the juices flowing, and back in the saddle. It is different from plein air work in that in the studio, I am afforded a prolonged, sustained study with a focus that is not possible when I am out chasing light and shadow.

Today, I went for a delightful ride with my husband to the top of Mingus mountain.


Being out in nature has always been rejuvenating, and I come back with a fresh new outlook. We did a little exploring, took some selfies at the ranger outlook, checked out where the hang glide launch is, and had a relaxing, refreshing outing. One of my favorite things to do is to go somewhere I have never been before. I took numerous photos...the time of day in the waning light was just perfect.
You can bet that a slew of new work will come out of the trip. I am ready!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path