The Sunday Post-Veterans Day Thank You

Today is Veteran's Day.
I always think of my Dad, who served in WWII.
When growing up, I never asked him what it was like during the war.
He served in England, even spending one Christmas over there. He did tell us that a British family did invite him to spend the day, and he was always grateful for the warm invitation.


A simple thank you to all who are serving, and who have served. We are grateful for your service.
This painting is from the little town where I live, in Arizona. During major US holidays, there is a display of flags along main street, maintained and placed by volunteers.
Happy Veteran's Day.

Comments

  1. Lovely post about Dad, and for all veterans. I didn't know that he was invited to a British family's house. What a nice thought and comforting. Lovely painting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Carol. there is a little more to the story which I'll share with you, if you remind me! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Sunday Post- Artists Collecting Art

"Thursday Stories"-One Inspires Another

Thursday Stories- Amethyst Path